Do you have data but don’t know how to use it? Are you lacking a systematic approach to acquire data or manage projects?
We know that data and evaluation can be intimidating and overwhelming. We want to demystify the data process. We believe data and evaluation is about learning and improving. We take a teaching approach to everything we do with data.
The Center for Leadership Development wanted help strengthening their capacity to collect and report on the impact of their college readiness programs for African American students. They were seeking assistance with establishing systems and procedures to determine if they were meeting their desired program outcomes in the short- and long-term. Our team partnered with them to accomplish the following:
- Clarify and align their organizational and program goals
- Develop an evaluation plan, data management schedule, and standard operating procedures
- Provide individual and group training for team members to complete the evaluation work and drive student achievement
- Support the team in implementing the new evaluation plan
View our Case Study for more information on this project.
Geminus Head Start collects a lot of data for their federal and state reporting requirements. However, it resides in multiple systems that do not connect. They sought our help to create a customized monthly report and interactive dashboard that would connect their data systems and equip their team to use the data to improve student and family outcomes. Our team partnered with them to accomplish the following:
- Confirm goals and benchmarks
- Gather and connect multiple data sets
- Create a customized dashboard that visualizes all benchmarks and can filter data by site and other key indicators
- Train staff on using the dashboard and report to make data-informed decisions
- Identify and make improvements to the data collection process
TCG helped us focus on understanding the needs and strengths of the counties we serve. They did this by gathering and interpreting key data and talking with different stakeholders to get a better understanding of their current and future needs. We are so pleased with our partnership and committed to working together for the next 5 years!