Transform Consulting Group is helping more students read at grade level by third grade. Through a $260,000 grant provided by the Indiana Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives, United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI) will be able to expand and enhance its landmark literacy tutoring program, ReadUP.
Transform Consulting Group was hired by UWCI to help them plan for the addition of AmeriCorps members. In doing so, Transform Consulting Group provided the following key services:
- Completed research on the need for literacy tutoring in Indianapolis.
- Identified research-based literacy tutoring programs and interventions to model ReadUP after.
- Assessed the current ReadUP program model and developed recommendations to change the ReadUP program based on the research and analysis.
- Wrote the AmeriCorps’ Indiana Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives grant application.
- Facilitated the planning and preparation for the implementation of the new grant.
The addition of the grant will provide 20 AmeriCorps members who will work with approximately 400 first and second grade students attending 10 Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS). The AmeriCorps members will tutor new elementary students 20 minutes a day so that they can build phonics, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension and other reading skills to bring them up to grade level. In IPS, only 42% of third graders are reading at grade level.
Need help with assessing your program or updating a program design? Transform Consulting Group stays current with the latest research. We can use this experience to align your program and organization to “what’s working” and provide effective project management services. Contact us today, no matter whether the project is large or small!