The Indiana Uplands Region in Southwest Indiana has a child care shortage problem. The Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County (CFBMC) through their Regional Opportunity Initiatives (ROI) wanted to replicate their collective impact work for early learning in Monroe County to five other counties in the Indiana Uplands region. These counties identified access to high quality childcare, especially-infant care, as a priority for both better quality of life for its residents and for the attraction and retention of their workforce necessary to support regional employers.
Case Study Example:Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County
CFBMC reached out to TCG to support five counties form an early learning coalition, understand the child care needs in their community, create a strategic plan to increase their supply of high quality, affordable child care in their county and the Uplands region and help support their implementation of the plan. TCG supported the counties in doing the following:
- Identified key stakeholders to invite to join the coalition
- Completed stakeholder feedback (surveys and interviews) with key individuals and groups
- Shared best practices and research trends in other cities and communities across the country
- Developed strategic plans for each community
- Supported the engagement of employers and business leaders in each community